Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Okay, this isn't what I meant to post, lol

It hasn't been the best week around here. Big girl has a week of vacation, little girl is sick and little boy is......six months old, so high maintenance. On Monday Abby took off her underwear in the living room and I didn't know it. She was on her period, so she got blood everywhere. It looked like a murder scene when I found her. I got her cleaned up, got the carpet as cleaned as I could (it took an hour), then fed the baby. By then Anna was in tears because her Motrin was wearing off and her fever spiked. I got her some medicine, and by then Abby had pooped her pants. She has only had one bowel movement in the toilet since the terrible constipation problems she had in the spring. By the time I got her cleaned up, Ian was howling to go down for a nap. It was insane, and I thought it was a terrible day. Well, it was, but not as bad as Tuesday turned out to be.

Midmorning, our alarm system started going off. It wasn't set, so I wasn't sure what was going on. Turns out our kitchen sink was leaking into the basement and right into the alarm box. Abby was gone with an aide, Anna was freaking out and crying because the siren was so loud and scary, and Ian was crying because of the sound and because of Anna scaring him. I couldn't take care of them *and* try to figure out how to get the alarm system to turn off. (How do you turn off something that isn't turned on?) Finally I retreated to my bedroom with both kids. I turned a fan on and turned the TV up loud and hoped that it would stop after a while. Luckily my dad and stepmom turned up just then and were able to help. We couldn't figure out any way to stop the sound except cutting the wires to the siren part of the alarm system, and the chirping part at the keypad is still going off randomly today. Oh, and best of all....it's my fault for washing dishes in the sink, which is leaking, as I was informed by my oh-so-dearH last night. He warned me that it leaks and I shouldn't have been using that side of the sink. Yeah. Whatever.

So far today all I've had to do is take Anna to the doctor (with little man in tow, who proudly showed the doc how he can play pattycake with no prompting if Momma sings the song...Dr. said "I'm so happy!"......So was I!!!!! He's doing it about two months early, and it shows wonderful receptive language to start clapping when you hear the Pattycake song.....) Anyhow, I digress.....So, we got the appointment done, got the meds picked up, administered said meds to the kiddo, and rescheduled the training I was supposed to do for one of my client's new aides. She was supposed to come here yesterday and couldn't due to Anna's fever, now she can't today because of Anna's contagiousness, so she's coming tomorrow instead. Sigh. I'm TIRED.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

{{{hugs}}}

Mama said there'd be days like this.

Mama never said how much they'd SUCK.

{{{hugs}}} Wish I was closer so you could call and I could run over to lend a hand. :(

Maisy said...

I agree with Marissa...I'd love to come and lend a hand here and there. You are a complete SAINT!
OJ