Saturday, September 01, 2007

Ah....quiet...

Last year I asked John for one thing for my birthday. All I wanted was for him to take both girls and leave for a whole weekend. My grandma's farm is perfect, and the emotional madhouse there doesn't affect any of them the way it does me. So a few days ago I asked him if he remembered his birthday gift to me last year, since it's now almost my birthday again and he never did follow through with it. Turns out he had completely forgotten. (Typical!) He didn't say anything when I mentioned that this weekend would be perfect to go since it's a three day weekend and both girls are out of school on Monday, so I figured he wasn't going to go. On Thursday evening, he asked me if my grandma knew he was coming...um, no, you never said you *were* coming. So I called her on Friday morning to see if she'd be up for a surprise visit with the three of them. She was (much) less than enthusiastic (which is very unusual for her, she loves to see the girls) but agreed. I tried to back out when I heard her tone of not really wanting them to come, but it was too late and she wouldn't let me *not* have them come.

So, this afternoon at about 2pm (when I told my grandma they'd be arriving at her house) they finally pulled away....and I am ALONE until Monday afternoon. Hallelujah!!!! My house is so beyond trashed, it's a major embarassment. I can't get much done when the girls are home because they promptly undo everything I manage to get straightened up. I need to work on making them clean up after themselves-especially Anna. But in the meantime, I need some alone time to work on this place. If John had waited much longer I wouldn't have been able to do anything because of being too pregnant to...so luckily he went this weekend. Wouldn't you know that I also have a terrible cold that blossomed just this morning, so I feel like crap, but I'm trying to take advantage of this once every five years chance to be alone and do what I want, when I want. I just go and putter for a few minutes, then sit down for a few, then putter again. So now here I sit with Degrassi TNG on (ha, like I could EVER watch this when John is home without major grief! LOL), catching up my blog real quick while a load of laundry finishes up. In a minute I'm going to get the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded. One step at a time. I HAVE to find a system that works before "Fred" (my tongue in cheek name for our as yet unnamed baby) gets here.

Pregnancy-wise things are going well. I've gained 13 pounds, which is very good for me, although still more than I was hoping for. My b/p was 110/60, which is phenomenally low for me. (I have high blood pressure when not pregnant.) They did the gestational diabetes test as well...drinking the bottle of icky glucose. I should hear back from that next week. Baby's heartbeat was 150, which is perfect. It was the first time I got to hear it since I've had u/s's every time so far. This evening he was kicking up a storm with me. I was sitting on the couch and I would tickle where he had just kicked with my fingernails, very gently....a second later, boom, he'd kick again. I was laughing. I can't wait to meet him and see what he looks like and what his personality is like. I still cannot believe that IT'S A BOY!!! Emotionally I am hanging in there. Some days are better than others. I feel very alone and isolated most of the time. It's hard to believe that anyone cares a lot of the time. But I'll live. Hopefully. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya, Lisa! Glad to hear you found some alone time. That sounds really nice. I feel almost alone here. Both teenagers left and I only have the 3 youngest. lol.
Mary Ann

Maisy said...

Wonderful that you were able to get some time to yourself. I hope that things turned out fine with the girls/DH too. And that Grandma was glad they came. Happy Birthday to you....even though I don't precisely know when it was/is. Hee Hee. Love you.
Janet